12.18.2008

Counting Blessings...and The Belly Photo Shoot!

I have hit the point of being ready to be done being pregnant. Everyone said I would get here, and well, I have! But it's not because I am miserable and uncomfortable (although I do get a little slower and a little more uncomfortable everyday it seems, and I am usually completely out of breath by the time I get my shoes tied). It is because I am ready to meet this beautiful little person! I can't wait to see our baby. Is it a boy or a girl? Who will baby look like? Will he/she come out with a full head of hair? What is it going to be like being a full-time mama? I am just SO eager and so excited to meet our little one! And I am really really excited to watch Adam be a father. At the same time though, I really think I am going to miss being pregnant. I have LOVED it. LOVED it LOVED it LOVED it.

This has been such a wonderful time and I have felt so completely blessed through out the past few months. Well, let's step back a bit, I have felt so completely blessed over the past few YEARS. The amazing experience Adam and I had while he was a Travel Nurse in California was a real time of growth for our marriage, and we have some wonderful memories from our time out there. Then this past February, Adam and I came home to Michigan for a "little while" on a travel nursing assignment. At the end of that we had no idea what we were going to do...stay in Michigan, move out of state, keep travel nursing...? Within one week we each had a job here in our home state. Within a month we had made an offer on our house which was accepted that same week. Shortly after we moved in, we found out we were pregnant. Skip ahead to October where the Lord provided His perfect protection for our family when our home was robbed and no one was hurt. It's been a big year for our small but growing family, and I am truly counting my blessings!

On to the BELLY PHOTO SHOOT...

This past Saturday, my good friend Susan took some pictures of Adam and me, and the Belly of course. She did a great job. (THANK YOU SUSAN!!) Here are a few pictures she took:


He loves me. He cracks me up (and he was in some rare form this day too)!
Sorry to those of you who hate feet, but I really like this picture!
Here is Susan's website if you are interested in seeing more of her beautiful photography work!

2 comments:

soggy bottom boys said...

Erin, you look absolutely radiant! Very nice pictures, even though there are feet in them ;) I really like the nursery wall color. It is very similar to our boys' playroom color. So...having the little guy this week?! I hope your mom's bags are packed.

Unknown said...

Erin - I just discovered your blog this week - your mom gave me the web address and told me to look, after Naomi was born - so after looking at pictures of your darling little girl, I went backwards and read all the way through your pregnancy! It was so wonderful to read the whole "story" unfolding - I wish I had known about the blog sooner, I would have started reading months ago! :) I love the belly pictures - you were just GORGEOUS pregnant! And of course, your daughter is incredibly precious. :) Congratulations on finally getting to meet her - I'll bet Adam fell in love the first minute he saw her, too! :) How perfect - born two days after your birthday and two days before Christmas!! Enjoy her!

- Jessica Gartner