12.17.2008

14 Days and Counting (and the Nursery is done!)

38 Weeks, 1 Day

I am 14 days from my due date. But what exactly should I be counting? I mean, technically I could have this baby any minute (well, after hours of excruciating pain of course, I really don't expect this to be that easy!), or I might have the baby NEXT YEAR (sounds far far away, doesn't it?!). I was just telling Adam last evening, "Remember our first ultrasound!?" We were staring at the screen showing us our 8 week 3 day little fetus with arm buds and no neck, and now...any day, we will be meeting out little baby, a fully developed little person! I thought it was crazy, and it made my eyes well up a little bit, but that's probably because I'm an overly sentimental pregnant lady right now!

How about a flash back picture. My brother took this of me at home in Alpena...I think this was in October?? Not sure...I'll have to update this when I figure it out.
I call this "Granny Pants Picture"
(Take no offense, Grandma's of the world, it's all in good humor!
And a Granny is different than a Grandma in my opinion anyways.)

Ok, now some pictures of the Nursery...


Alright, so...some interesting "news" if you will. On Sunday, we were hanging out with some friends when Adam announces, "I think we'll have the baby this week sometime." Not a totally out there prediction, but still, I about fell out of my chair. Then, this week, just for fun I went to a reflexology session at work (feet / pressure points, etc) because I'd heard that the lady who was doing it would predict if you were having a boy or a girl. I thought it'd be fun, just for giggles to see if she was right or not (plus, a foot massage, hellooo!). She said "boy" and that I would have him "in the next 5 days". Needless to say, I finished packing my hospital bag last night.






1 comment:

edie & ella said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the nursery...it's so sweet!!!
Man if it's a boy he better like all these little dresses I have saved for him......can't wait...sam