8.20.2009

Hometown Proud

After spending the weekend in the U.P. with my mom, Naomi and I spent a week in mine and Adam's hometown (which I will affectionately refer to as "A-town"). It was Naomi's first visit there and we had such a nice relaxing time visiting family and introducing her to friends. It was a week of respite and it was so nice. I only wish Adam could've come with us!


While in A-town, Naomi and I spent some time out at Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jim's house looking at all the beautiful flowers, fruits, and vegetables.

Grandpa Jim picking raspberries.




At my parent's house, I spent time just relaxing, enjoying my week off, and enjoying the help with Naomi. During the week, some of Grandma Dar's friends came over to meet Naomi. Grandpa Rick would come home from work in the evening and say, "WHERE'S THE BABY!?" Boy does Naomi know his voice! Especially when he says that. Funny.





While in town, we also had the wonderful opportunity to get some really neat pictures of Naomi. A good friend of the family offered to take some photos for us. She got some amazing shots and I am SO EXCITED about them. I have a slight addiction to photography, especially when the subject is my child!
Love the red wagon!


This is one of my all time favorites. I love this picture.



Grandpa's glasses!!



Snacking on my nose.


Love those baby buns!
After church Therese took more pictures since Adam was in town now too. She got some great family pictures for us. The dress Naomi is wearing was mine when I was her age! I love that dress. I would also like to mention that this is the same spot Adam and I had some of our wedding pictures taken 6 years ago!


Chubby (kissable) cheeks!

Notice my jazz hands in the corner (actually, more like "freaking out mom" hands).
Naomi LOVES this trick...almost as much as her daddy.
Another one of my all time favorites!


Adam came up at the end of the week so he and I could go to a Surprise 30th Birthday Party for our really good friend, Josh R. on Saturday evening. Saturday morning we went to visit Grandpa Jim at the Farmer's Market downtown. Then, Saturday evening, we headed out to the B-day Bash. It was really nice to have a night out just the two of us. Visiting our hometown with two sets of Grandparents definitely has it's perks (childcare!!!)...oh, and of course seeing our beloved parents!

The party was out at Josh's parents farm, and it was a lot of fun. Josh was sucessfully surprised and everyone had a really good time visiting with friends, both old and new. The day was beautiful. It started out raining, but just in time, the sun fought it's way through the clouds and the evening cleared up. After dinner and (gag) gifts, we went on a good old fashioned hay ride to the R. Family Blueberry Patch. Josh' parents started their blueberry patch over 17 years ago, and only recently has it begun to produce for them. The blueberry bushes are gorgeous and FULL of plump clusters of sweet blueberries. YUMMY! We all wandered around the field talking and snacking on blueberries. Later, back at the farm, the guys started a fire...which was promptly doused out by a thunderstorm that rolled through 45 minutes later! The party quickly moved into the house where we all sat around visiting and telling stories.






1 comment:

Amanda said...

Tons of great pictures! I can't even pick a favorite!!!! What a fun time, and a cutie!