This weekend my Mom, Naomi and I ventured up to the gorgeous Upper Penninsula of Michigan. We drove a ridiculous amount of time and miles to go to an art fair so I could get some of my favorite pottery from a lady who is retiring at the end of the year. Plus, it was a great excuse just to get away for a ladies weekend! We had a really nice time, even in the midst of rain (including a torrential downpour WHILE we were at the art fair, during which my Mom and I huddled under a large tree and an incredibly small umbrella. I was wishing I could crawl into the stroller with Naomi pretty badly as water was running off of the umbrella and pouring down my back...).
Friday night after we got to Marquette, we were relaxing in the room. Naomi was sitting on the floor playing with some toys and she started to get fussy. My mom picked her up and said "you probably just want to be by your mama," as she laid her on the bed by me. I grabbed her leg to pull her closer and OH. MY. WORD. POOP. EVERYWHERE. She was fussing because she had to poo I guess, and boy did she ever. It GUSHED out of her diaper, leaving a mess on the hotel bedspread which I promptly (and of course unknowingly) dragged her through!!! Here is the aftermath (**warning, do not look at these pictures if you are eating Grey Poupon mustard or ever want to eat Grey Poupon mustard again.**)
Friday night after we got to Marquette, we were relaxing in the room. Naomi was sitting on the floor playing with some toys and she started to get fussy. My mom picked her up and said "you probably just want to be by your mama," as she laid her on the bed by me. I grabbed her leg to pull her closer and OH. MY. WORD. POOP. EVERYWHERE. She was fussing because she had to poo I guess, and boy did she ever. It GUSHED out of her diaper, leaving a mess on the hotel bedspread which I promptly (and of course unknowingly) dragged her through!!! Here is the aftermath (**warning, do not look at these pictures if you are eating Grey Poupon mustard or ever want to eat Grey Poupon mustard again.**)
Here's the full effect. Notice the back of her head.
There is poop matted in her HAIR!
We took Naomi in the pool, at first she wasn't so sure about that business, but then a little girl doing handstands and other "tricks" nearby caught her attention! The little girl was so sweet and kept doing handstands to entertain Naomi, who remained intrigued for quite some time.
The weekend went way too quickly. I'm sad it's over already. Maybe that's why I am still up blogging about it even though it is after midnight.
Naomi sitting on the luggage cart,
staring in the mirror:
"Who is that cute baby?"
"I better take a closer look."
Packed up and ready to go.

On the way home, we stopped for a couple of photo ops. First there was a kiddie train. Kinda corny...but we had fun. Grandma was acutally crouching on the floor of the train car holding Naomi up. She had white pants on and it was raining, so she couldn't kneel. She was hunched way over, balancing Naomi above her head, thinking I was getting some good pictures when all of the sudden she felt this little hand delicately touching her hair. I hadn't been taking pictures b/c Naomi was looking DOWN at her! I'm sure this is one of those "you had to be there" stories, but we had a good laugh about the ridiculousness of the situation (and we provided a giggle or two to the lady nearby who witnessed the whole scene).
"All aboard!"
Once we got to St. Ignace, we decided we had better stop to get a picture of Naomi by the Mackinaw Bridge. It was still raining, so we had to wait for a bit until it let up enough to snap a few shots. It let up to a light sprinkle, we dashed out of the van, plopped Naomi down on her changing pad in the grass, and snapped away. It was quite the joint effort; Grandma hooting, hollering, clapping, blowing raspberries, waving flowers, etc. to get Naomi's attention, and me taking pictures.
1 comment:
The positioning of your pictures makes it seem like you bathed her after the poop IN THE POOL!!
LOVE the pics with the bridge in the background... so cool!
I want to go to the UP again so bad :(
Post a Comment