6.19.2009

Eye Doctor

I went for my annual eye exam yesterday. I brought Naomi with me since Adam was working and I really didn't feel like paying for childcare just so I could go read some letters on a wall ("is it clearer with 1 or 2? 2 or 3? 3 or 4? Ok, good."). Usually (and by usually I mean like ALWAYS) Naomi is really really good in her carseat for at least and hour when I am at church, running errands, etc. She just plays with her toys, watches people, etc. Not this time. Nope, 5 minutes of me being at Pearl Vision and she is fussing away like she is just not going to quit (and I forgot her pacifier! Bad mommy!).

I took her out and held her, problem solved. So there she is, sitting in my lap for all the standard eye tests, the dreaded puff of air in the eye and all the rest. Then, she sat in my lap for my entire actual eye exam. The eye doctor was almost done but still had to look at my eyes with some special magnifying gizmo. I had to lean way over (Naomi) to put my chin on the machine. There was a light on the side of this machine shining into my eye and all of the sudden the light went out. The Dr. looked up, then looked under the machine...Naomi had UNPLUGGED IT. Little goober!

Well, this is starting to sound like one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I thought it was a) slightly embarassing since I was already embarassed that I had to hold her the whole time!
b) pretty comical that my 5 month old managed to wrap her tiny little hand around a power cord and unplug it.

There Samantha! Two posts in just as many days! I hope you are proud of me (you too Amanda!).

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Very proud :) Even though there are no pictures from the appointment... points off for that :)

It IS funny though, I can't imagine what Addie would do if I brought her... I don't even want to THINK about it!

edie & ella said...

That is hilarious...that is a terrible test anyway...Naomi is just ahead of the game!!!
Thanks for the posts...great job!!!