3.10.2010

Oh, I'm Terrible!

I seriously cannot believe I haven't posted since OCTOBER. That's baaad.

First of all, I am pregnant!! Yay! 19 weeks today and feeling the little flutters of a baby moving around in there. This pregnancy has gone differently so far, not majorly or anything, but differently. I wasn't NEARLY as sick in the beginning (sooo grateful for that!), I could actually EAT although selections were a little limited they were NOT confined (like last time) to saltines with peanut butter, brown sugar cinnamon poptarts, ramen, campbell's chicken noodle, peanut butter and welch's grape jelly sandwiches, and dry roasted peanuts...(which all gets very very very very very old after a solid diet of the afore mentioned for 8 weeks or so). I was, however, a lot more tired. Exhausted. Most days that I worked, around 12, 1 or 2ish I would start head bobbing right at my computer. A couple of times I pulled the "sleeping, but not sleeping" high school move where I slept for 5-10 min with my head propped up on one hand. From the back it just looked like I was sitting there (until my head would bob violently forward and the jerk back as I startled awake). Not something I'm proud of, but seriously, it did not matter how much sleep I got the night before, the mid-day narcolepsy would strike regardless.

On to Naomi...
Alright, I'm sure there is waaaay to much I have missed in those months...hmmm. Where to begin? Naomi really took off walking in November (after those tentative first little steps back in October). Now of course she's a speedy little bugger zipping around the house. She is also a CHATTER BOX. Has been since before she had words to chatter with. Her first official word was "kitty cat"...yes, that's right, "kitty cat"! Technically she was saying "dadada" before that I think...but she didn't know what it meant, she said it about everything. Kitty cat, she knew what that one meant when she said it, she LOOOOOVES her kitty! It started out "ki ki" evolved into "kiee kaa" and is now impressively understandable. She says and signs please "peas, peas", thank you (I don't know how to type her annunciation on that one...), all done "uh uh" (yes, interpreter required).

She says "what's that" while pointing at EVERYTHING ("oos ta, oos ta?"), she says mama "nana" don't know why, but I'll TAKE IT!!! She finally started saying that one the weekend of Feb 20th at nearly 14 months old! Sheesh. I had to be patient, so "nana" is just the perfect way to say mama as far as I'm concerned!! Oh, and best ever, she says "yah" to ANYTHING you ask her ("Is mommy your favorite?" "yah" "Do you love daddy?" "yah", etc. "Do you like broccoli" "yah") It's so fun. My mom also taught her to call kitty like her daddy does ("Kittykittykittykittykittykitty!!!") the weekend of Feb 20th. "Ki ki ki ki!"

She is rapidly approaching the toddler attitude phase. Testing us constantly...doing things we JUST told her not to do while looking right at us, throwing fits / tantrums, swinging her hand at us if we tell her no to something...you know, toddler stuff. It's kind of taken us by surprise...the little will of iron she has! It seemed to happen all of the sudden. My baby is turning into a little girl. She is SO much fun though, I just love this age (I just love every age so far, who am I kidding?!).

Oh, quick story. Last night Adam and I went out for his belated birthday dinner. We dropped Naomi off with our friends Wayne and Emily and their daughter Molly (5 weeks younger than Naomi). Emily was working so it was just Wayne and the two girls. Wayne told us this story when we came back to pick Naomi up.... Wayne had Molly sitting on the potty (yes, they are rockstar parents potty training their child from the get-go...something I am far to lazy to attempt!! But I swear this child will be potty trained at a year and a half...). Naomi, holding her sippy cup, walked into the doorway and declared "DAH!". To which Molly replied, "DAH!" and they both just cracked up laughing like it was the funniest joke they'd ever heard! So cute! (Here is what Wayne twittered about the event: "Watching Molly and Naomi tonight. Naomi: Dah. Molly: Dah. Both: Laugh hysterically. I don't get baby jokes. ")

Anyways...I best get on with it...I now have almost NO TIME to get ready for work. Sheesh. Priorities are such a problem with me sometimes!


No comments: