9.22.2009

Fighting Sleep

Ever since Naomi has been able to crawl and pull herself up in her crib to a standing position, her sleep routine has changed a bit. Often after we put her to bed, she will almost immediately roll over, crawl to the edge of her crib and stand up. Eventually she starts crying and after a little bit, I go back in her room and lay her down. Usually she will then go to sleep (okay, if I'm totally honest, sometimes I lay her back down 2-3 different times and THEN she goes to sleep...bad habit, I know). Tonight (literally about 5-10 minutes ago) I laid her back down and left her room again. Very shortly I heard her crying again. I waited...she was still fussing. I decided to go back into her room and lay her down again hoping that would be it for the night. I walked in to her room and found...

...Naomi standing up in the corner of her crib with her head laying on her arms. Her eyes were closed and she was still fussing! I laid her back down and she never even opened her eyes. I can't decide if she was extremely tired and crying, or SLEEPING and crying...